The educational program of the master's degree course is designed to provide:
- skill related to self-directed and independent work, enabling to hold positions of full responsibility in the implementation of industrial and research projects and structures;
- knowledge and understanding to undertake professional careers in the area of industrial chemistry, by independently managing diversified activities, such as the characterization of new products and materials, the experimentation of new technologies, and the activities related to the development and pilot phase in view of the industrial production;
- the ability to interact during the decision-making process with different corporate functions (engineering, marketing etc.) involved in the process of research, development and marketing of active principles, especially those characterized by high added value;
- the competencies required to work in the creative process and in the managerial and operational phases of research in chemistry and industrial chemistry either in public or private laboratories (either European or extra-European), research centers, research and development organizations; to participate in the theoretical and practical development of new chemical technologies and to meet requirements of research and development, quality control within specific legal frameworks or production processes in industries and public institutions;
- written and oral communication skills, in English to enable students to communicate independently and fluently with foreign partners.
Graduates in Industrial Chemistry are expected to find employment in: research and development in chemical industries; design and management of pilot plants, chemical plants; industries and research centers working in diversified sectors of either conventional or innovative fields.
The acquired competences allow graduates to have open access to several industrial sectors such as those of polymeric materials, food industry, agrochemicals, additives, auxiliaries, materials for electronics, ecology, intellectual property (patents) and business management.
The Master's Degree in Industrial Chemistry constitutes a preferential title to access the PhD programme in the area of industrial chemistry.
For the graduate of this class, enrollment in the National Order of Chemists is possible, after passing the State Exam.
- at least 20 credits in disciplines of mathematics, information technology and physics
- at least 70 CFU in discipline groups belonging to the distinguishing areas included in the L-27 Class Table:
- analytical and environmental chemistry CHIM/01 and CHIM/12;
- inorganic and physical chemistry CHIM/03 e CHIM/02
- industrial and technology CHIM/04, CHIM/05 and ING-IND/21-22, ING-IND/25;
- organic chemistry and biochemistry CHIM/06, BIO/10-12
The minimum entry requirement in English proficiency is level B1 ("lower intermediate") of the Common European Framework.
- Student Office of the Department of Chemistry
Via Golgi 19 - 20133 MILANO
From Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00, by appointment outside of these hours available upon request
- Main Student Office
Via Celoria, 22 - 20133 MILANO
http://www.unimi.infostudente.it (registration required)
- Department of Chemistry
Via Golgi, 19 - 20133 MILANO
- ENROLMENTS AND ADMISSIONS
- Quality Manager
Prof. Claudia Bianchi
- Welcome Desk and Infostudenti Students information Service
Monday-Friday 9:00 17:00
Le tasse universitarie per gli studenti iscritti ai corsi di laurea, di laurea magistrale e di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico sono composte da due rate con modalità di calcolo e tempi di pagamento diversi:
- la prima rata è uguale per tutti
- la seconda rata, detta contributo onnicomprensivo, è di importo variabile in base al tipo di corso, al reddito familiare, al merito, al corso di laurea e allo stato della carriera.
Per conoscere l’importo della seconda rata è disponibile il simulatore online. Si possono inoltre consultare gli esempi e la modalità di calcolo
- agevolazioni per gli studenti con elevati requisiti di merito
- importi diversificati in base al paese per gli studenti internazionali con reddito e patrimonio all'estero
- agevolazioni per gli studenti internazionali con status di rifugiato politico
Maggiori informazioni alla pagina: Tasse anno corrente
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: