The Master's degree programme in Modern Humanities aims to provide students with in-depth knowledge in the field of Italian literary, linguistic and philological studies, based on specialist methodological, theoretical and critical notions.
Over the course of the programme students will learn to devise their own strategy for honing one of the following subjects: philology of Medieval Latin and Romance languages and literatures (including from a comparative angle); Italian linguistics (also with respect to social uses and geolinguistic issues, literary language and its formal structures); history of Italian literature (in all its problematic and critical aspects); contemporary literariness (also with reference to communication and publishing processes).
Attending courses is strongly recommended. However, each course offers an ad-hoc syllabus for non-attending students. Workshop attendance is mandatory.
Application for admission: from 12/03/2021 to 27/08/2021
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2021 to 15/01/2022
Admitted students who have already graduated must enroll by 30 September 2021, while those who will achieve the qualification or requirements set by 31 December 2021 must enroll by 15 January 2022.
- Department of Literary Studies, Philology and Linguistics
Via Festa del Perdono 7 - 20122 Milano (MI) Italia
- Academic services
Dipartimento di Studi letterari, filologici e linguistici, via Festa del Perdono 7 - 20122 Milano (MI) Italia
Ricevimento: Martedì, ore 10-12
- Student registrar
Via Santa Sofia 9/1 - 20122 Milano (MI) Italia
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment