Science and Technology for Studying and Preserving the Cultural Heritage and Information Storage Media
People who get this bachelor's degree have specific methodological, scientific, and technological knowledge needed for:
- evaluating the state of preservation of cultural heritage, its morphological-structural characteristics, and the properties of its constituting materials;
- the identification, risks' evaluation, diagnosis and rescuing actions for avoiding deterioration processes in cultural heritage with respect to archaeological sites, historical-artistic artifacts, museum collections, information storage media and related contents;
- restoring of information storage media and related contents;
- taking the scientific-technological leadership of institutions and professional organizations devoted to the preservation, management, and maintenance of cultural heritage, and also of private professional organizations devoted to conservative restoration and environmental rescuing;
- being able to exchange professional oral and written information in at least a couple of European languages (tipically italian and english);
- doing operative actions for the communication, preservation, fruition, and management of information concerning cultural heritage;
- working in the frame of a team, with a high level of autonomy, easily joining a working environment.
A robust basic scientific education is coupled to this specialistic qualification, so that students acquire fundamental scientific and professional methodologies.
In order to get these grants, students must contact a professor of this program who will scientifically supervise the exchange. Every topic related to this program is suitable. Two types of grants are available:
Erasmus+, for attending courses and carry out research activities (refer to the call in the Geological Sciences area).
Erasmus+ Traineeship, exclusively for internships.
For Erasmus+, see the call on the Geology area in the unimi.it website. Among other agreements, please have a look at the undergraduate and graduate courses offered by TEI, Technological Educational Institute, Atene (Grecia), who has a special agreement with this program.
The call for Erasmus+ Traineeship is published on the unimi.it website for all programs. In the recent past, Traneeship partners were: Cergy-Pontoise (France), Poitiers (France), Santiago de Compostela (Spain) and Ghent (Belgium). Anyway, new agreements with other universities or research centers can be signed if a professor of this program has some scientific collaboration with them. Apart from courses and exams, any activity carried out at the abroad institution is worth 3 credits (CFU) per month.
The "learning agreement" between professors at the home and abroad institution will define the activities the student will carry out. This document, together with the transcript of the exams and other research activities, will allow for the acknowledgment of such activities by this program.
To attend courses and take exams abroad has many advantages. In addition to being an unconventional experience in a student's life, it offers a big opportunity to practice in the local language. The students will also experience and compare different teaching systems, gaining more flexibility in their studying activities. Finally, the study abroad experience is in some cases a good opportunity to use facilities otherwise not available (for example, special equipment for experiments), work with large research groups on a cosmopolitan scale.
Attendance is strongly recommended for both courses and laboratories.
Link : https://easystaff.divsi.unimi.it/PortaleStudenti/
- Ufficio per la Didattica
Ufficio per la Didattica, al momento solo via email scrivendo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Luca Trombino
Via Luigi Mangiagalli, 34 II piano
Quando disponibile o su appuntamento
- Segreteria Studenti
Via Celoria, 18 - 20133 Milano
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment