Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and Language Therapy graduates are healthcare professionals responsible for the prevention and rehabilitative treatment of speech and communication disorders in infants, adolescents, adults and the elderly. Graduates provide training and rehabilitation therapies for pathologies that provoke disorders of the voice, speech, spoken and written language and communication disorders. On the basis of the doctor’s diagnosis and prescription, and within their sphere of competence, graduates, sometimes as part of a multidisciplinary team, create a speech assessment geared at identifying and meeting the health needs of disabled persons.
- offer curative therapies for the functional rehabilitation of communication and cognitive disabilities, through the use of communication and language training and rehabilitative speech therapies, both verbal and non-verbal;
- recommend the use of aids, offering training on how to use them and assessing their efficacy;
- carry out research, didactic and professional consulting activities, both in the health services and in other services which require their specific professional competences;
- check that the rehabilitative methodology adopted corresponds to the functional recovery objectives.
As autonomous healthcare professionals, Speech and Language Therapy graduates are qualified to operate in public or private health facilities, in a freelance or employed capacity.
They can pursue careers in the following areas:
- national and regional services engaged in the study, organisation, application and assessment of prevention and rehabilitation in communication and swallowing disorders;
- working as part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for developing the diagnosis and curative plans;
- public and private health services;
- collaboration with research and study centres or didactic institutes.
A sufficient command of English enables graduates to enter relevant areas of work not only nationally but also at the European and non-European level.
Limited enrolment with admission test.
For further information on the number of places and the date of the admission test, please visit the website www.unimi.it – “Prospective students”.
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December. Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
1. ASST FBF-Sacco - Via G.B.Grassi, 74 - Milano;
2. ASST di Mantova - Strada Largo Paiolo, 10 - Mantova;
3. IRCCS Eugenio Medea - Associazione La Nostra Famiglia - Via Don Luigi Monza, 20 - Bosisio Parini (LC);
4. Centro IRCCS "Santa Maria Nascente" - Fondazione "Don Carlo Gnocchi" - Via Capecelatro, 66 - Milano.
La gran parte dell'attività didattica si terrà invece presso il Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Cliniche "L. Sacco".
- Dott. Antonio Schindler
- Referenti del Corso:
- Dott. Pierluigi Bertora
- Dott.ssa Claudia Moscheni
- Prof. Gian Vincenzo Zuccotti
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment