The University of Milan supports, both financially and guaranteeing the freedom of assembly in its spaces, the cultural, social and sporting initiatives promoted and managed by its students for its students.
In order to ensure a fair and transparent allocation of financial resources and spaces across initiatives, the University has established a register for associations, cooperatives, groups and lists of representatives in the academic boards. Registration is mandatory to be recognized and accredited by the University.
You can register every year for a two-year period. Only after registering can student associations, cooperatives and groups compete for the allocation of financial resources and spaces.
The register also includes the lists of elected representatives in academic boards. However, these cannot obtain financial resources or the use of the University brand.
In order to register, student associations, cooperatives, groups and lists of representatives must:
- Have the purpose of promoting cultural, social and recreational activities or representing students in academic boards;
- Be supported by at least 100 students (50 if they relate to a specific disciplinary field) enrolled in the University study programmes, not more than one year behind schedule. Graduates are admitted as well, up to one third of total members;
- Ensure that offices are held exclusively by student members, not more than one year behind schedule (only for associations and cooperatives);
- Have articles of associations (in the form of a public or private deed) or a statute compliant with the principles and rules of art. 4 of the Regulations and registered with an office of the Revenue Agency (only for associations and cooperatives);
- Be fully aware of and compliant with the University Code of Ethics and Employee Code of Conduct.
The lists of student representatives in academic boards are officially registered upon the election of their members, starting from the date of announcement of the vote result.
For associations, cooperatives and groups, on the other hand, registration takes place in several steps:
- Preliminary application by legal representatives or contact persons through the online procedure set out in the annual Rector's decree providing for registration.
- Presentation of at least 100 student members (50 in the case of groups / associations pertaining to specific disciplinary fields) through the above-mentioned online procedure. You can join more than one association, cooperative or group, but you can only state one preference for the purposes of the 100 / 50 supporter requirement (as the case may be).
- Review of applications by the Committee for the cultural and social activities of student organizations, and publication of the list of associations, cooperatives and groups admitted to registration, ordered by Rector's decree within 30 days from the application deadline.
- Filing with the Office for Institutional Affairs of:
- the documents set out in art. 5, paragraph 3 of the Regulations, for associations and cooperatives;
- the Group Charter with the names of three contact persons, for groups.
Groups and associations whose projects have been approved may request a refund by noon on 30 October 2020.
Refund applications must be made using the online form.
Please note that a request must be completed for each authorized project for which a refund is sought and the following information must be provided:
- the name of the group or association
- the data and contact details of the contact person or legal representative (name, surname, student number, tax code, telephone number)
- the total amount to be refunded
- the current account on which to pay the refund, which must be in the name of the group / association or its contact person / legal representative (IBAN, holder and bank).
Each application must attach proof of expense (original commercial invoices and tax receipts, final list of participants for cultural trips).
First step: pre-registration
from 9 am on Wednesday 16 October 2019 to 12 noon on Wednesday 13 November 2019 (exclusively for new groups / associations / cooperatives)
Use the online procedure available at the following link:
New student associations, cooperatives and groups interested in registering for the two-year period 2019/2021 will have to submit, through their respective legal representatives or contact persons, a preliminary application, attaching the documentation required by the Regulations and using the above-mentioned online procedure.
Second step: online support to groups, associations and cooperatives
from 9 am on Thursday 14 November 2019 to 12 noon on Thursday 12 December 2019 (for new groups / associations / cooperatives and for those whose registration is due to expire in a. y. 2018/2019). Reopening of the online procedure: from 9 am on Monday 27 January 2020 to 12 noon on Monday 10 February 2020.
Use the online procedure available at the following link:
The student associations, cooperatives and groups that have completed the first step of the procedure and the student associations, cooperatives and groups whose registration is due to expire in a. y. 2018-2019, shall present at least 100 student members (50 in the case of groups / associations belonging to a specific disciplinary field) using the above online procedure.
Only students regularly enrolled in one of the programmes of the University of Milan for a. y. 2019/2020 will be considered valid members (the followings are excluded: students who have not renewed enrolment for a. y. 2019/2020, students more than one year behind schedule, students from other universities, Erasmus students, PhD or postgraduate students, students enrolled in single courses).
Please note that you can support only one student association, cooperative or group.
The Committee for the cultural and social activities of the student organizations of the University manages the registration of student associations, groups and cooperatives, after reviewing their applications, and resolves on funding requests by registered associations, groups and cooperatives.