On 17 June 2021 the new Regulations for the student organizations of the University of Milan entered into force. With Rector's Decree no. 2799 of 25 June 2021, the call for funding for academic years 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 was issued. For the purposes of registration and funding of activities during the following academic years, the Committee for cultural activities, in its meeting of 25 June 2021, resolved to further extend the registration term of currently registered organizations to 30 April 2022.
Pursuant to Rector's Decree no. 30738 of 9 September 2021, the application deadline for the 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 funding call has been extended from 10 September 2021 to 12 noon on 4 October 2021.
As of 1 October 2021, new guidelines are in force for the organization of info stalls by registered student associations, groups, cooperatives and representative lists.
The University of Milan guarantees, promotes and fosters student associations according to applicable statutory and regulatory provisions, as well as self-managed cultural activities run by its students.
The University supports, both financially and by guaranteeing the freedom of assembly in its own spaces, cultural, social and recreational activities promoted and managed by its students and intended for the entire student body.
In order to ensure a fair and transparent allocation of financial resources and spaces to all students engaged in various initiatives, the University has established a mandatory Register of student organizations.
The following student organizations can register, provided they meet membership requirements:
- Student associations that promote activities of general interest to the University or activities of interest to a specific Department;
- Student groups that promote activities of general interest to the University or activities of interest to a specific Department;
- Student representatives;
- Student cooperatives (pursuant to arts. 2511 et seq. of the Italian Civil Code) that promote activities of general interest to the University or activities of interest to a specific Department.
The registration term is two years and allows student organizations to apply for funding and spaces. The Register is regularly reviewed to ensure that registered student organizations still meet membership requirements.
The Committee assesses applications for registration from student associations, groups and cooperatives, as well as applications for funding from registered organizations.
To register, student organizations must meet the following requirements:
a) They must have been founded or set up by students of the University;
b) They must have as their purpose cultural, social and recreational activities of general interest or of interest to a specific field of study. These activities will target University students and take place mainly on campus;
c) Student activities must not overlap with the activities ordinarily carried out by the University;
d) They must be non-profit organizations;
e) They must abide with the principles of the Constitution of the Italian Republic;
f) They must comply with the Code of Ethics and the Code of Conduct for University employees;
g) They must include among their members:
- at least 60 students enrolled at the University, in the case of organizations that represent a general interest
- at least 30 students enrolled at the University, in the case of organizations that represent an interest linked to a specific Department, study programme or subject area.
Any organizations that are not registered yet may apply for registration following the procedure that will be made available starting from 30 April 2022, in compliance with the Regulations.
The lists of student representatives in academic bodies are officially registered upon the election of their members, as of the date of announcement of the vote result.
Other student organizations can apply for registration online. The opening of applications will be announced on the University portal over the course of each academic year.
The registration application must include the following information:
a. organization name;
b. registered office (if any);
c. legal representative or contact person's details;
d. organization's purpose and description of activities;
e. the list of members enrolled at the University: these must be at least 60 for general-interest organizations, or 30 for specific-interest organizations;
f. a copy of the Statute;
g. a copy of the Articles of Association in the case of associations or cooperatives.
With Rector's Decree no. 2809 of 28 June 2021, the registration term for current member organizations was extended to 30 April 2022.
Applications for funding may be submitted from 9 am on Thursday 1 July 2021 to 12 noon on Monday 4 October 2021 through the ad-hoc online procedure made available by the university administration.
The application for funding must include:
- the name of the student organization
- the data and contact details for the contact person or legal representative
- the academic year in which the activity takes place:
- Academic year 2020/2021 (from 1/10/2020 to 30/09/2021)
- Academic year 2021/2022 (from 1/10/2021 to 30/09/2022).
Each application must include the following attachments:
- Annex A - activity overview: an exhaustive description of the initiatives to be funded, including dates and methods of advertising
- Annex B - financial plan: a detailed list of items and co-financing, if any
- Annex C - a copy of cost estimates by item: addressed to the legal representative/contact person, and duly signed by the supplier on letterhead
- Annex D - for external speakers: European CV (with sensitive data redacted) dated and signed, and copy of ID
- Annex E - for cultural trips only: list of participating students.
Please complete an application form for each activity to be funded.
As an exception and for academic year 2020/2021 only, will it be possible to apply for funding for cultural activities that have already taken place.
- Activities for academic year 2020/2021 that have already taken place: checks on the documents submitted with the application for funding.
- Activities taking place in September 2021: online refund procedure from 1 October 2021.
- Activities for academic year 2021/2022: online refund procedure from 1 January 2022.
Applications for funding can only be submitted using the online procedure available at the following link: