Management of Human Resources (MHR)
The program is the only academic program in Human resources in English offered in Italy and is characterized by a comparative approach, a strong orientation toward analytics, and the adoption of a learning-by-doing teaching approach.
The program allows students to have direct access to a network of practitioners, companies, and institutions to enlarge the breadth of their learning through keynotes and project works.
Apart from offering the intense experience of life and learning in Milan, the course provides opportunities for internships and Erasmus exchange programs.
Applicants should have a bachelor's degree or equivalent; a strong interest and/or previous studies in economics, management, sociology, political sciences or related subjects; undergraduate or graduate training in mathematics and quantitative methods or a strong motivation to quickly fill their gaps in these fields; a sound knowledge of spoken and written English.
The evaluation process will consider the applicants' prior academic record and its consistency with the above mentioned criteria. Admission is based on academic excellence.
Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
a) Applicants who have obtained their bachelor's degrees from Italian Universities are eligible for admission if they hold a "laurea" degree pertaining to any one of the "classi di laurea" (degree classes) listed below under the heading "Note 1". Applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies at foreign universities are eligible for admission if they hold a bachelor's degree in economics, political science, or other broadly related subjects (from history to industrial engineering, from management to mathematics, from philosophy to sociology, and so on), provided that their bachelor's degree may be regarded as equivalent to one of the Italian "laurea" degrees listed below (Note 1).
b) All candidates holding a different bachelor's degree must have earned at least 9 ECTS in economics and/ or mathematics/ statistics. The ECTS credit value of foreign applicants' undergraduate studies will be assessed by the MHR admissions committee. Applicants holding an Italian bachelor's degree must have earned the required credits within the set of admissible "settori scientifico-disciplinari" (disciplinary scientific sectors) listed below under the heading "Note 2". Applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies at foreign universities should exhibit a comparable academic record or competence in logic, statistics and mathematics.
c) Non-native speakers of English must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of English either by showing they have at least one year of university studies at institutions where the language of instruction is English, or by providing evidence of possessing a IELTS score of at least 5.5 or an equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference.
d) Admission will be decided on the basis of academic merit, coherence of their previous curriculum and a test which will be assigned upon application. Applicants might be interviewed for admission.
Admissions will be continuous during the Admission window with the possibility of early admission decisions.
* Note 1 (in Italian)
- L-05 - Filosofia
- L-08 - Ingegneria dell'Informazione
- L-09 - Ingegneria industriale
- L-14 - Scienze dei servizi giuridici
- L-16 - Scienze dell'amministrazione e dell'organizzazione
- L-18 - Scienze dell'economia e della gestione aziendale
- L-20 - Scienze della comunicazione
- L-24 - Scienze e tecniche psicologiche
- L-31 - Scienze e tecnologie informatiche
- L-33 - Scienze economiche
- L-35 - Scienze matematiche
- L-36 - Scienze politiche e delle relazioni internazionali
- L-37 - Scienze sociali per la cooperazione, lo sviluppo e la pace
- L-40 - Sociologia
- L-41 - Statistica
* Note 2 (in Italian)
at least 9 ECTS: SECS-S/01 - Statistica; SECS-S/03 - Statistica economica; SECS-S/05 - Statistica sociale; SECS-S/06 - Metodi matematici dell'economia e delle scienze attuariali e finanziarie; SECS-P/05 - Econometria; MAT/01 - Logica matematica; MAT/05 - Analisi matematica; MAT/06 - Probabilità e statistica matematica
Presently, the EMLS network (http://www.mest-emls.eu/) operates in 10 European countries (Germany, The Netherlands, Great Britain, Ireland, Belgium, France, Portugal, Spain, Slovenia, Italy) through 13 member universities, among the most prestigious in this field:
· London School of Economics (UK); · Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona (ES); · Universität Bremen (DE)
· Université Catholique de Louvain (BE) ; · University College -Dublin (IE); · Università degli Studi di Firenze (IT); · Université de Toulouse 1 Capitole- Toulouse (FR); · Universität Trier (DE) ; · Warwick University (UK);· Universiteit van Amsterdam (NL); · Instituto Superior de Ciencias do Trabalho-ISCTE Lisboa (PT); University of Ljubljana (SL); Università degli Studi di Milano (IT)
The overall objective of the network has been to establish a joint curriculum, with a distinctive focus on Europe in order to promote a comparative approach both in research and education in the field of Labour Studies.
To this end, member universities have each developed a similar, and comparable, multidisciplinary program.
All member university shall:
1. Provide knowledge on the European context
2. Provide multidisciplinary training on labour studies (labour economics, labour sociology, labour psychology, labour law, labour politics, HRM)
3. Develop a European comparative approach
At the completion of the six-month program, which is part of the Erasmus+ program, students receive a degree from the Réseau Interuniversitaire Européen en Sciences du Travail.
On the basis of the existing relation within the EMLS-MEST program, the MLS course has established a bilateral double degree agreement with the Universität Bremen, which will award a dual graduation to participating students.
Le tasse universitarie per gli studenti iscritti ai corsi di laurea, di laurea magistrale e a ciclo unico sono suddivise in due rate con modalità di calcolo e tempi di pagamento diversi:
- l'importo della prima rata è uguale per tutti
- l'importo della seconda rata varia in base al valore ISEE Università, al Corso di laurea di iscrizione e alla posizione (in corso/fuori corso da un anno oppure fuori corso da più di un anno).
- per i corsi on line è prevista una rata suppletiva.
- agevolazioni per gli studenti con elevati requisiti di merito
- importi diversificati in base al Paese di provenienza per gli studenti internazionali con reddito e patrimonio all'estero
- agevolazioni per gli studenti internazionali con status di rifugiato
L’Ateneo fornisce agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali)
Info su ammissioni e immatricolazioni