Breeding and welfare of companions animals
The course provides skills for monitoring and verifying the welfare conditions of animals, in compliance with current legislation and to protect them; graduates are able to assess the physiological, functional and behavioral attitudes of animals.
Graduates are able to manage the reproduction and selection and to apply artificial insemination techniques; also possess skills for the formulation and preparation of diets for animals according to their physiological and health status. They are able to identify pathological conditions that require veterinary intervention and to ensure the correct application of therapeutic prescriptions. Moreover, graduates acquire the main laboratory analysis technique and apply them for the prevention and control of animal diseases.
Descrizioni in inglese degli sbocchi professionali cds
The graduate works as an employee and / or entrepreneur and / or consultant in:
- pet and ornamental animal breeding;
- stables and horse farms;
- feed and pet food companies;
- companies providing services (genetic, nutritional, reproductive) to animal farms, including dog and horse training;
- breed associations and professional organizations;
- public and private associations that use animals for recreational, educational, sporting and assistance activities;
- public and private veterinary analysis laboratories;
- national and international sector organizations.
Il programma di internazionalizzazione del Corso di Studio attraverso Erasmus+ traineeship, permette anche di svolgere un tirocinio formativo all'estero presso Università, centri di ricerca, istituzioni e laboratori stranieri.
Places available: 120 + 3 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 15/03/2023 to 30/05/2023
Application for matriculation: from 06/06/2023 to 20/06/2023
Application for admission: from 22/06/2023 to 14/07/2023
Application for matriculation: from 18/07/2023 to 02/08/2023
Application for admission: from 04/08/2023 to 08/09/2023
Application for matriculation: from 12/09/2023 to 19/09/2023
- Segreteria didattica e studenti
Via dell'Università n. 6 Lodi
La segreteria è aperta al pubblico previo appuntamento tramite il servizio informastudenti nei seguenti giorni: martedì dalle 13 alle 15 tramite piattaforma Teams- mercoledì dalle 9 alle 12 tramite piattaforma Teams - Giovedì dalle 13 alle 15 in presenza.
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment