Exercise, Sport and Health Sciences
The course is designed to equip students with competences in the comprehension, design, organisation, running and management of individual and group-based motor and sport activities in public and private facilities, targeted at the development, maintenance and recovery of motor capacities and psychophysical wellbeing.
This degree course in Exercise, Sport and Health Sciences also focuses on the evaluation of physical and sports activities in various areas: competitions, social sports, sports and disability, post-rehabilitation recovery. The course provides the technical-scientific skills for a correct practice of sport and various forms of physical activity suitable for sportspeople of different age groups, as free as possible from eventual drawbacks associated with an incorrect methodological-didactic programming.
It also provides autonomy of judgment and knowledge of the scientific method, in order to lead to the development and continuous updating of cultural and operational skills which are necessary for a correct physical and sporting activity.
Graduates in Exercise, Sport and Health Sciences can enter the following professional positions:
- educators engaged in the prevention of conditions which jeopardise good health, such as sedentary lifestyles, overweight and obesity conditions;
- motor, sport and hobby activity organisers for different age groups (children and adolescents, adults, the elderly) in addition to general sports activities;
- physical trainers with expertise in planning and running training programmes;
- expert physical trainers in activities that help to achieve and maintain physical and psycho- physical fitness;
- expert physical trainers engaged in the technical management of motor and sports activities using specific equipment and facilities (fitness-wellness), personal trainers, group trainers;
- operators in the diffusion and management of sport information;
- consultants in companies and sports organisations, executives, managers of gyms and public and private sport centres;
- consultants for regional sports facilities.
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
To be admitted, students must be in possession of a medical certificate for competitive sports. Candidates who do not do sports must present the following certificate, in accordance with Italian law: “Certificato di idoneità alla pratica sportiva: certificazione rilasciata ad atleta non avente la qualifica di agonista, ex art. 4 D.M. 24/04/2013, per il quale sono stati eseguiti tutti gli accertamenti diagnostici previsti dallo stesso decreto ministeriale” (“Certificate of eligibility for sporting activities: certification issued to an athlete who does not have the status of an agonist, pursuant to art. 4 of the Ministerial decree 24/04/2013, for which all the diagnostic tests required by the same decree have been carried out”).
Students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: