The degree programme in Professional Education equips students with the competences required to:
- programme, manage and assess educational initiatives geared at promoting the health and abilities of individuals with difficulties, to enable them to achieve higher levels of autonomy;
- assist in the promotion and organisation of social and healthcare centres and resources in order to create integrated educational projects;
- plan, organise, manage and assess their own professional work within healthcare services and social, health and rehabilitation and socio-educational facilities, in a coordinated and integrated manner together with other professional figures in these facilities, with the involvement of the individuals in question and/or their families, groups, communities;
- work with families and social contexts so as to foster processes of social integration;
- promote and manage entertainment activities;
- partake in study, research and documentary activities pertaining to these goals.
Professional Education graduates formulate and carry out educational projects aimed at promoting balanced character development and the recovery and social reintegration of individuals with psychophysical impairments in positions of risk and social marginalisation. They work with children, young people, adults and the elderly to prevent and deal with situations of social difficulty and unease caused by disability, deviancy, poverty, marginalisation, and mental disorders.
Social workers provide public or private healthcare, social welfare and socio-educational services in the community and in residential or semi-residential centres, in a freelance or employed capacity. These services can be provided either through clinics (Ser.T., psychosocial centres or mental health centres, initial reception centres), day centres (social and educational centres, rehabilitation day hospital admissions, integrated day centres, youth centres, psychiatric day centres, etc.), or residential centres (rehabilitation centres, welfare health residences, psychiatric communities, communities for persons with disabilities, etc.).
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Students are expected to attain level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
Tali Enti, con cui la Facoltà collabora per lo svolgimento delle attività del Corso di Laurea:
- assicurano una stretta relazione con il mondo del lavoro attraverso l'estesa rete di rapporti con enti e servizi di tirocinio, la collaborazione di professionisti come docenti, l'intervento di esperti;
- prestano costante attenzione al rapporto tra formazione professionale e formazione personale dell'allievo, anche mettendo a disposizione servizi di tutorato e orientamento lungo tutto il percorso formativo;
- offrono un proficuo rapporto numerico tra allievi e docenti. In particolare, la guida al tirocinio, i contributi metodologici, i seminari e i laboratori consentono apprendimento e rielaborazione in piccoli gruppi;
- mettono a disposizione aule specializzate, biblioteche specialistiche, servizi di documentazione, settori formazione permanente, consulenza, ricerca.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: