Publishing and Communication, Fashion Cultures
The degree course in Publishing and Communication, Fashion Cultures is designed to:
- develop professional skills that ensure an overall vision of the productive activities of the publishing system and of its general problems, ranging from production to consumption, with specific reference to book publishing, offering a wide range of options for in-depth study in the various spheres of publishing, considered a study of the transmission of texts and the study of techniques required to publish printed or electronic texts;
- build linguistic, philosophical, aesthetic, historical, logical and rhetoric skills with special focus on the principles of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and the theoretical and methodological know-how that is useful for a detailed analysis of the communication systems of mediological and sectoral languages, to produce texts in the framework of said languages, to design communication models to be used in the fields of advertising, mass media and corporate communication, also with the support of the telecommunication structures of the University’s Service Center for technologies, multimedia and distance teaching (Centro di servizio per le tecnologie e la didattica universitaria multimediale e a distanza, CTU);
- build skills focused on training professionals skilled in operating in the framework of fashion, with solid humanistic and interdisciplinary knowledge, able to meet the demand for new emerging professional figures in a field that is now consolidated, concerned not only by strictly commercial effects but also by repercussion in terms of culture and identity of the Italian fashion sector, considered as cultural heritage to be optimised (with specialised communication, archives, museums, conventional and electronic shows, websites, etc.).
The knowledge and skills achieved will enable graduates in Publishing, Communication and Fashion Cultures to carry out a working activity, also in responsible positions, in various sectors of publishing companies and more generally in any public or private organisation that includes publishing activity, as specialists in literary and documentary language disciplines.
The high level of education and knowledge in the history of books, publishing, modern and contemporary editions will allow the inclusion of graduates in Publishing, Communication and Fashion Cultures in the offices dedicated to organizing cultural activities in the various spheres of state, regional and municipal public administration, and to assume positions of responsibility in editorial archives, in public and private libraries and study centers or to engage in self- employment as entrepreneurs and administrators or with managerial functions , especially in publishing companies.
The expected professional opportunities also concern the field of communication and dissemination of knowledge in various fields of mass media and advertising, with a high level of mastery of new technologies. In addition to image management in museums and archives, the organization and care of communication events, the professional profile of graduates in this class of studies will allow the conception and organization of diverse and multidisciplinary cultural events, in which the development of visual and multimedia communication models are ideally applied. Moreover, graduates may find employment in the advertising and mass media sectors (also as managers of advertising and public relations departments), as well as managerial functions in national or international organizations.
Finally, graduates will be able to acquire a highly specialized profile in the fashion sector, unique in the current humanistic landscape, which will allow entry into firms operating at multiple levels in the fashion chains, in Italy and abroad. The acquired cultural and professional skills will also allow them to carry on managerial jobs in fashion newspapers and magazines, specialized agencies, public relations offices, institutional archives, public and private cultural bodies linked to the world of fashion, and will prepare entrepreneurs and managers in manufacturing and commercial fashion companies.
Employment statistics (Almalaurea)
Application and admission Open, subject to entry requirements:
- Graduates from the Bachelor Degree course in Communication studies (L-20).
- Graduates from Bachelor Degree courses in the following Scholarly fields: Cultural heritage (L-01), Visual arts, music, performing arts and fashion studies (L-03), Philosophy (L-05), Humanities (L-10), Education and training (L-19), History (L-42) and in the corresponding classes provided for by Ministerial Decree 509/99 who have acquired at least 60 credits in the scientific-disciplinary sectors specified in the Study Manifesto.
- Graduates from other Bachelor Degree categories, on condition that they have acquired at least 90 credits in the scientific subject sectors specified in the Study Manifesto.
The admission also includes a compulsory test of personal preparation, consisting of a test that will take place in September.
The degree programme provides you with the opportunity to carry out a training experience abroad for a period of 5/6 months at various locations in Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, Finland and the United Kingdom, with the possibility of extending your stay or repeating the experience for up to 12 months. Under the mobility programme, you may attend courses, do research or work on your degree thesis in subject areas related to information and communication, publishing, entertainment and arts, fashion.
Our partner universities include: Cardiff, Stockholm and Helsinki, where courses are held entirely in English; Barcelona, Madrid and Zaragoza in Spain; numerous institutions in France; Heidelberg in Germany.
We also take part in the Erasmus Plus Placement programme which provides mobility opportunities also for recent graduates (within 12 months from graduation).
Exams taken abroad, research activities and degree thesis work are recognized following a learning agreement with the host institution. You will define the learning agreement prior to departure, based on the courses, exams and activities that you intend to take at the partner university according to the requirements of your Italian study plan.
Recommended, not mandatory
- Sito del Dipartimento di Studi storici
- Referenti del corso
Proff. Alberto Cadioli, Elio Franzini, Emanuela Scarpellini
- Sedi didattiche
Via Festa del Perdono, 7; Via Noto 8
- IMMATRICOLAZIONI E AMMISSIONI
- Sito del corso di laurea
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment