The following persons must register on the unimi.it portal:
those who wish to enrol for the first time in a University programme;
external users who wish to use the university services;
those who were awarded a degree from the University prior to 2008, who transferred or withdrew from studies or whose credentials are no longer valid.
It takes only a few minutes to complete the registration procedure. The following information is requested:
a username and password
a phone number and active email address.
On completing registration, you will receive a message for activating the University credentials, at the e-mail address indicated during the registration procedure. The credentials must be activated within 24 hours: users will otherwise have to repeat the registration procedure.
Once you have activated your credentials, you can access your personal area and the online services.
Registration on the unimi.it portal allows external users to access online services dedicated to them, such as:
- admission and matriculation
- request information from the registrar (Infostudenti)
- apply for grants
Those registered on the portal as external users do not have access to the digital library.
- If you have forgotten the credentials generated during registration on the portal but have access to the e-mail account indicated during the procedure, you can use the recover password service
- if, besides the registration credentials, you have also forgotten the e-mail address indicated during the procedure, write to email@example.com
- you can modify your password, using the "change password" service
E-mail the helpdesk, specifying:
- the type of problem and a screenshot of the error message, if possible
- the username and e-mail address used to register
- whether the problem arose while using a PC or a mobile device
- your operational system and browser.
Check that you have activated the credentials
You must confirm registration. When you completed the registration procedure you were sent an e-mail containing a link for activating your credentials. You cannot use the services unless you complete activation.
If you did not receive the e-mail check the address to which it was sent and modify it or have the system send you another message sent.
If you receive the message "Invalid username or password"
Check that you have correctly entered username and password, paying attention to the use of uppercase and lowercase letters.
You are trying to access a service that is not available to external users. Check the address of the service you are trying to access.
Registrations on the portal are periodically cancelled. For example, registrations completed up to 31 December 2016 and never used in 2017 are no longer valid.
In this case you must register again.
As of March 2015 the University provides online services to businesses and external institutions through a new platform, and for this reason it is no longer possible to register as an institution, school or company.
For further information: