The three-year degree programme in History is designed to offer graduates a solid grounding in History, even if still of a general nature at this stage, to enable them to develop an understanding of the complex historical foundations that underlie all the phenomena, processes and structures that make up reality.
This learning pathway is grounded on an understanding of the key historic discourses and trends that characterise the various different time periods, which is underpinned by a command of the tools required for documentary exegesis and of new computing technologies.
The course equips graduates with a general awareness of the history of humanity, also from a non-European perspective, together with the interdisciplinary knowledge required to develop a global vision of the historic context of past and contemporary events.
The degree programme is designed to equip graduates with the knowledge and competences required to pursue careers in:
- first and second level upper secondary school teaching: completion of the History degree programme provides the first entry point for further courses dedicated to training secondary school teachers in historical, philosophic, geographical and literary subject eas;
- library, archival and museum work and, more generally, cultural activities within the world of work for which a qualification in History is either desirable or requisite;
- publishing work in the editorial sector and in other sectors connected with new communication technologies;
- journalistic activities dedicated to the production of texts and the diffusion of cultural awareness;
- artistic and tourist activities involving the preparation of instruments for historic use public relations activities, particularly in connection with relations with foreign countries;
- public and private research centres operating in the humanistic, sociological and anthropological fields, as well as in the field of cultural promotion abroad and in the various spheres of the Italian and foreign cultural industry.
Employment Statistics (Almalaurea)
Application and admission: Open.
A test to verify the initial preparation is carried out through the TOLC-SU, CISIA OnLine Test ( www.cisiaonline.it ) and must be taken before enrolment. For further information on the dates of the test, please visit the website www.unimi.it .
Additional learning obligations (OFA)
Students who do not pass the entrance examination on basic general knowledge, comprehension, mathematics and logic, are assigned additional learning obligations (OFA, Obblighi formativi aggiuntivi) that they must fulfil in accordance with the provisions of the Programme Structure.
OFA: English language
To sit the legal English exam included in the plan of study, students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
Recommended, not mandatory
- Referenti del corso
Prof. Andrea Gamberini
- Corso di laurea
Via Festa del Perdono
- Commissioni e orientamento
- Dipartimento di Studi storici
Via Festa del Perdono
- Informazioni sullimmatricolazione futuri studenti
- Iscrizione part time
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: