Independent Evaluation Unit
Based on Laws no. 370/1999 and 240/2010, and on the University Statute (art. 28), the Independent Evaluation Unit supervises:
- the quality in teaching;
- the research activity carried out by departments;
- the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative services;
- the consistency of the scientific or professional curriculum of contract lecturers (titolari dei contratti di insegnamento as per art. 23(1) of Law 240/2010).
Furthermore, the Independent Evaluation Unit ensures the proper implementation of the Quality Assurance system and expresses a binding opinion on whether initial requirements for new Study Programmes are met (Ministerial Decree no. 6/2019). Lastly, the Independent Evaluation Unit assesses offices and staff, with the aim of promoting merit and improving organizational and individual performance (Article 14 of Legislative Decree no. 150/2009).
Read about the student survey.
- Prof. Fabrizio Berra (President), full professor in academic field GE0/02 - Stratigraphic and Sedimentary Geology at the "Ardito Desio" Department of Earth Sciences.
- Prof. Federico Ambrogi, associate professor in academic field MED/01 - Medical Statistics at the Department of Clinical Sciences and Community Health.
- Prof. Daniela Vandone, full professor in academic field SECS-P/11 - Financial Intermediaries at the Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods.
- Prof. Vito Michele Abrusci, full professor in academic field M-FIL/02 - Logic and Philosophy of Science at the University of Roma Tre.
- Prof. Alberto Baccini, full professor in academic field SECS-P/01 - Political Economics at the University of Siena.
- Paola Carlucci, Head of Planning and Control at the Milan Polytechnic.
- Luisa Antonella De Paola, manager at the Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- Marco Tomasi, former manager at the Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- Marco Loria.
The Independent Evaluation Unit is supported by a specific Support Office, which is part of the "Direzione Performance, Assicurazione Qualità, Valutazione e Politiche di Open Science".
The Office carries out support activities for the Independent Evaluation Unit, including secretarial functions. It prepares and assists in the drawing-up of annual reports:
- to the University's Financial Statements
- on the student survey
- on the "AVA” - Self-assessment, Periodic Evaluation, and Accreditation System
- on the overall performance of the assessment system, and the transparency and integrity of internal controls.
It draws up the opinion on the Performance Measurement and Evaluation System, organises and takes minutes of study programme and department hearings.
It assists in verifying the adequacy of scientific/professional curricula of the holders of teaching contracts pursuant to art. 23(1) of Law 240/2010.
It supports accreditation activities for PhD and study programmes.
Friday 15th January 2021
Friday, February 12, 2021
Thursday, March 18, 2021 (Hearings)
Friday 19th March 2021
Friday 16 April 2021
Thursday, May 13, 2021 (Hearings)
Friday 14th May 2021
Friday, June 18, 2021
Friday July 9, 2021
Friday, September 17, 2021