The Research Observatory has been active in the university since October 2014.
It is composed of scientific experts belonging to various scientific disciplinary sectors as well as administrative and technical sectors. Its members are renewed every three academic years.
The Observatory, as per the Regulations:
- collects and analyzes information on University research findings; as part of this function, it analyzes and compares the results of national research assessment exercises
- proposes criteria and new methodologies for assessing University research findings, taking into account the specificities of each area
- submits improvement actions to the governing bodies, with a view to increasing research quality, attractiveness, national and international visibility
- analyzes research findings at the level of departments, subject areas, research fields, according to a range of parameters recognized by the national and international scientific community, as measured against ad-hoc benchmarks
- at the request of the Rector, produces summaries and analyses to be included in the University's strategic plan and other research reports
- at the request of the Rector, submits proposals to the governing bodies on research assessment criteria for the purpose of resource allocation, taking into account the specificities of the each area
- analyzes the results of the doctoral courses and, at the request of the Rector, makes proposals on their organization and assessment criteria.
The Committee is renewed every three academic years. It is composed of internal scientific experts and technical and administrative staff in office until 30 September 2021. Prof. Maria Pia Abbracchio, Vice Rector for Research Strategies and Policies, takes part in the Observatory's meetings.
Marcello D'Agostino, full professor of Logic and Philosophy of Science - SS M-FIL/02
- Mathematics, Physics/ Sciences, lnformation and Communication, Engineering, Universe and Earth Sciences
Luigi Guzzo, full professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics - SS FIS/05
Claudio Agostino Ardagna, associated professor of Computer Science - SS INF/01
- Life Sciences
Flora Payvandi, full professor of Internal Medicine - SS MED/09
Paolo Ciana, associated professor of Pharmacology - SS BIO/14
- Social Sciences and Humanities
Stefania Bariatti, full professor of International Law - SS IUS/13
Marcello D'Agostino, full professor of Logic and Philosophy - SS M-FIL/02
Administrative and technical staff
- Angelo Casertano, Research Services Manager
- Paola Galimberti, Organizational Planning and Assessment Office Manager, Head of the Institutional Research Archive
The meetings of the Observatory are set from time to time.