Active since 2006, the Ethics Committee of the University of Milan expresses an opinion on studies submitted by researchers working at the University for the purposes of:
- protecting the rights, dignity, integrity and well-being of the human beings involved
- ensuring environmental stewardship, protection and conservation
- promoting and ensuring compliance with Research Integrity.
His opinion is normally required to submit research projects to national, EU or international institutions for funding applications and for publication in most scientific journals. The Ethics Committee does not have competence on clinical trials of drugs pursuant to article 3 of the relevant regulation, stating that “the functions reserved by law to the ethics committees of other institutions, namely hospitals, are outside the province of the University Ethics Committee".
Since June 2014, it has been the responsibility of the Animal Welfare Board (OPBA) to express opinions on the ethical profiles of scientific, experimental or educational research activities that exclusively involve animals or biological animal-derived materials.
If you are a researcher and want an opinion on a research project, please visit laStatale@work.
The Committee is appointed every three academic years. It includes internal scientific experts and one external member, specialising in different fields:
- Marco Pedrazzi, president, full professor of international law – SS IUS/13
- Francesca Caloni, full professor of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology – academic field VET/07
- Monica Ferraroni, full professor of Medical Statistics – academic field MED/01
- Fabrizio Gardoni, full professor of Pharmacology – academic field BIO/14
- Emanuele Montanari, full professor of Urology – academic field MED/24
- Gianfranco Mormino, full professor of Moral Philosophy – academic field M-FIL/03
- Francesca Poggi, associate professor of Philosophy of Law – academic field IUS/20
- Giuseppe Testa, full professor of Molecular Biology – academic field BIO/11
- Giovanni Ziccardi, senior associate professor of Philosophy of Law – academic field IUS/20
- Daniela Milani, associate professor of Ecclesiastical and Canon Law - academic field IUS/11
Until December, the meetings of the Ethics Committee will be held on TEAMS.
- Monday 19 - 2.30 pm
- Tuesday 17 - 2.30 pm
- Monday 14 - 2.30 pm
The minutes of the Ethics Committee meetings are available to Committee members only on Unimibox .