The principal objective of the Course is to produce a graduate who can approach specialised studies with the utmost efficacy in order to become a Master's Degree graduate with very high professional standards. This graduate can face the many issues of animal productions in the various territorial frameworks (including, very concisely, economic, environmental and ethical sustainability) to guarantee a future to foods of animal origin, which are the core of Made in Italy products (Grana Padano cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Parma ham and several other products of protected designation of origin (PDO) and protected geographical indication (PGI) that can promote the certification, protection of food products of animal origin and their exportation to third party countries.
As an alternative, the graduate can immediately be employed by sectors defined by the Ministerial Decree for degree categories that have acquired detailed basic know-how and the skills to apply them and critically transfer them.
Besides the natural progress to further studies to obtain a Master's Degree in Animal Production, the graduate can find career opportunities as:
- Technician for the production of zootechnical foods, supplements and additives;
- Technician for the production of foods of animal origin;
- Technician for the production of functional and biological foods;
- Technician for production line inspections for foods of animal origin.
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
Recommended, not mandatory
- Segreteria Didattica e Studenti
Via dell'Università 6 Lodi
martedì e giovedì dalle 13 alle 15 mercoledì dalle 9 alle 12 previo appuntamento utilizzando il servizio infostudenti
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: