The principal objective of the Course is to produce a graduate who can approach specialised studies with the utmost efficacy in order to become a Master's Degree graduate with very high professional standards. This graduate can face the many issues of animal productions in the various territorial frameworks (including, very concisely, economic, environmental and ethical sustainability) to guarantee a future to foods of animal origin, which are the core of Made in Italy products (Grana Padano cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Parma ham and several other products of protected designation of origin (PDO) and protected geographical indication (PGI) that can promote the certification, protection of food products of animal origin and their exportation to third party countries.
As an alternative, the graduate can immediately be employed by sectors defined by the Ministerial Decree for degree categories that have acquired detailed basic know-how and the skills to apply them and critically transfer them.
Besides the natural progress to further studies to obtain a Master's Degree in Animal Production, the graduate can find career opportunities as:
- Technician for the production of zootechnical foods, supplements and additives;
- Technician for the production of foods of animal origin;
- Technician for the production of functional and biological foods;
- Technician for production line inspections for foods of animal origin.
Application and admission: Limited enrolment with admission test.
Students must have level B1 proficiency in English. Proficiency may be certified at the time of matriculation by submitting a certificate of level B1 language proficiency or better, or by sitting the SLAM (University Language Centre) Placement test during the first year of studies only, between September and December.
Students who do not pass the test must follow the SLAM language courses and obtain appropriate certification within the year the plan of study calls for a language exam.
The Erasmus+ mobility programme is provided under bilateral agreements with partner universities. Students can attend one of the partner universities to carry out educational activities replacing part of their study plan. These activities include following courses and taking the relevant exams at the foreign university to acquire credits recognized by the degree programme.
Under the Erasmus+ traineeship programme, students can carry out a traineeship abroad at universities, research centres, institutions and foreign laboratories.
Recommended, not mandatory
- Segreteria Didattica e Studenti
Via dell'Università 6 Lodi
La segreteria è aperta al pubblico previo appuntamento tramite il servizio infostudenti (www.unimi.it/studenti/segreterie/773.htm) nei seguenti giorni:martedì - giovedì dalle 13 alle 15 e mercoledì dalle 9 alle 12
The tuition fees for students enrolled in Bachelor's, Master's and single-cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments with different calculation methods and payment schedules:
- The amount of the first instalment is the same for all students
- The amount of the second instalment varies according to the ISEE University value, the degree programme and the student status (on track / off track for one year or off track for more than a year)
- An additional fee is due for online programmes
The University also offers:
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad
- Concessions for international students with refugee status
Scholarships and benefits
The University provides a range of financial benefits to students meeting special requirements (merit, financial or personal conditions, international students).
Admission, ranking and enrolment